The latest version of the PSP firmware v3.0, is now available to download from the portable’s built-in Network Update. The update includes the following features:
- PLAYSTATION Network titles are now supported under [Game].
- But you can only play PLAYSTATION Network games (i.e. PS One games) if you have a PS3. There is no straight web download available for this feature. Bobbins for European’s right now and extra bobbins for those people who have a PSP and a 360 instead of waiting for their PS3.
- [Remote Play] has been added as a feature under [Network].
- Again, PS3 support only.
- [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature under [Network].
- Actually quite a nice feature, especially as the manual is actually up-to-date. Don’t understand why this can’t just be stored on the memory stick though, instead of having to be net connected.
- Timed recording has been added as a feature under [RSS Channel].
- A visual player has been added as a feature under [Music].
- Woo! Visualisations at last! Did I mention woo?
- 3-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature under [Music].
- Shame they didn’t add this for Movies as well. After all, you’re more likely to have a two hour movie than an MP3…
- [Camera] has been added as a feature under [Photo].
- Nice… if you happen to have the camera in question. Not likely to be a priority.
- [UMD Auto-Start] has been added as a feature in [System Settings] under [Settings].
- Hurrah! I’m actually quite happy about this one, I’d prefer to control whether the UMD game/movie/whatever starts up on power-up.
So there you have it PSP owners…
Update: Couldn’t find the update on the YourPSP page yet.